- Main Course
- Sweet Treats
- Culinary Tips
Cashew Rolls (Kaju rolls)
yields approx. 40 1-inch rolls
- 1 1/2 cups cashewnuts powder (Dry grind cashewnuts into fine powder),
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1/4 cup water
- cardamom powder,
- saffron strands dissolved in a 2 tsp warm milk(optional),
- silver foil (Varkha - used to decorate the sweets- this is optional),
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and let boil over medium heat until it forms into one string consistency syrup.
- Now add ground cashewnuts and cardamom powder. Keep the heat on medium.
- Stir the mixture vigorously to avoid lump formation. Add saffron.
- Lightly grease a tray or plate.
- When the mixture starts leaving the edges of the vessel and tends to form a ball, remove onto a plate. When it is a little warm, knead well with hand and form into rolls. Decorate them with silver foil and let cool. Then cut into desired size.