- Main Course
- Sweet Treats
- Culinary Tips
- 2 cups fine semolina
- 1 3/4 cups shredded fresh coconut
- 2 cups sugar (adjust the amount as per the sweetness of the sugar),
- 1 cup water to make sugar syrup
- 3/4 cup melted ghee (clarified butter),
- cardamoms, almonds & raisins.
- Roast semolina in ghee over medium heat. Keep roasting until its color changes to golden brown and it gives out aroma.
- Now add coconut to semolina and again roast for approx. 10 minutes. Add cardamom powder to it.
- Combine sugar and water in a thick bottomed pan. Heat it to achieve a syrup of one string consistency.
- As the syrup reaches one string consistency, add roasted rava and coconut mixture into it. Keep mixing for a minute or so.
- Turn the heat off and keep mixing the mixture after every half an hour.
- In about 2-3 hours, the mixture gets thick. Add nuts and raisins.
- Divide mixture into equal parts and shape them into balls of desired shape. Ladoos are ready to eat. Store them in an airtight container.