- Sweet Treats
- Culinary Tips
Potato Bhaaji (Batatyachi Thecha Bhaaji)
- 14-16 baby potatoes,
- 5 green chilies or 2 tsp chili powder,
- 1 tsp crushed ginger and garlic each,
- 2 tsp peanut powder,
- coriander leaves.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder,
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida,
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds,
- 4 tbsp oil,
- Rinse and pat dry potatoes. Do not remove their skins. Crush each potato into fine pieces using a pestle. Alternatively chop them into fine pieces into a chopper
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Add crushed ginger-garlic and then potatoes. Fry for sometime. Do not add water as this is a dry bhaaji.
- Add peanut powder, coriander leaves, salt and cover the pan until potatoes turn soft. Remove the lid and keep frying the bhaaji until crispy.
- Thecha Bhaaji is ready. Serve hot with chapati.
Variation: You can use the regular size potatoes if baby potatoes are not available.
Boiled Potato Bhaaji
Potato curry (Batatyacha Rassa)
Potato Bhaaji (Batatyachya Kachrya)