|Spicy Potato Slices (Batatyache Kaap)
1 big potato,
1/2 tsp asafoetida,
1 tsp coriander powder,
1 tsp cumin powder,
salt to taste.
1. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into thin slices.
2. Soak the slices in salt water for 10 minutes. Drain and wipe the slices with a kitchen towel.
3. Mix coriander and cumin powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, chili powder and salt. Do not add water.
4. Heat a griddle. Pour some oil.
5. Dip each potato slice into the prepared masala. Make sure to coat both the sides with the mixture. Coat all the slices with masala and arrange them on the griddle.
6. Turn heat to medium. Flip over slices once the bottom side is crisp and golden brown. Pour oil if desired. Fry the other side. Check doneness by slightly inserting a knife into the slice. Slices is done if knife easily goes down. Remove from the heat and serve with any meal.