|Potato Curry type 2 (Batatyacha Rassa: Chinch-Gulacha)|
4 medium sized potatoes,
2 medium sized onions,
4 green chilies or chili powder ,
black maharashtrian masala,
2 teaspoon tamarind paste,
2 teaspoon jaggery,
1 teaspoon turmeric powder,
a pinch of asafoetida,
1 teaspoon mustard seeds,
salt to taste,
1 tbsp oil,
1. Chop potatoes into 1" dice. Rinse and keep aside.
3. Chop chilies. Cut onions into thin pieces.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Add chopped onions. Fry for some time.
5. When onions turn transparent, add potatoes, 2 cups water and stir. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat.
6. As potatoes turn soft, add black masala, tamarind paste, jaggery and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Rassa is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati and rice.
Variation: Add 1 teaspoon peanut powder for thickness.