|Fresh curry masala|
2 big onions,
1 cup grated dry coconut,
7-8 green chilies,
10 garlic cloves,
1 big piece ginger,
2 cinnamon sticks,
2 teaspoon fennel seeds,
1 small piece nutmeg,
salt to taste
1.Slice onions. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan.
2. Add cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, fennel seeds, nutmeg, onions, ginger, garlic and coconut.
3. Fry till the onions turn brown.
4. Let cool. Mix green chilies and grind into a paste.
Very hot curry masala.. As the name suggests, it is used in curries to enhance the flavor.
Best if used fresh.
1) Replace dry coconut with fresh one.
2) Replace green chilies with dry whole red chilies.
3) Add 2 tsp coriander and cumin seeds each and 2 tsp poppy seeds.
4) Add 4 green cardamoms.
5) Add 1 black cardamom (masala velachi).