serves 4 people
1 bunch cauliflower,
4 green chilies or chili powder ,
1 teaspoon turmeric powder,
a pinch of asafoetida,
1 teaspoon mustard seeds or cumin seeds,
salt and sugar to taste,
1 tbsp oil,
and grated fresh coconut for garnishing (optional)
1. Chop cauliflower into small pieces. Rinse in salt water. Set aside.
3. Chop chilies and coriander leaves.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. As the seeds crackle, add asafoetida and turmeric.
5. Add chopped chilies and cauliflower florets. Mix and cover till soft.
6. Remove the lid, add salt and stir. Remove from the heat once done.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
Tip: Add 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste for another flavorful variety.
Add 2 chopped potatoes and/or green peas with the cauliflower.