|Cauliflower and Cabbage bhaaji|
serves 4 people
1/2 bunch cauliflower,
4 green chilies,
1 teaspoon turmeric powder,
1/2 tsp asafoetida,
1 teaspoon mustard seeds or cumin seeds,
salt to taste,
1 tbsp oil,
1. Break cauliflower into small florets. Rinse in salt water. Also chop cabbgae into thin pieces. Rinse and set aside. Chop chilies finely.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds or cumin seeds. As the seeds crackle, add asafoetida, turmeric powder.
3. Add chopped chilies and fry. Then put cauliflower and cabbage together and mix well. Cover with a lid and let them cook for 15 minutes.
4. When the vegetables turn soft, add salt. Mix properly.
5. Lastly turn the heat off and top with coriander leaves. Serve with rice or indian bread/chapati.
Tip: You may vary the proportion of the vegetables as per your liking.
Copyright © 2000-2003 Mumbai-Masala.com, All rights reserved.