- Sweet Treats
- Culinary Tips
(for Marathi version click here
Mix Vegetable Kurma
- 1/2 bunch cauliflower,
- 2 potatoes,
- 3/4 cup green peas,
- 3 carrots,
- 1 big onion or 4 small sized onions,
- 2 tomatoes,
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic-green chili paste,
- 1/4 cup dry shredded coconut,
- 2 tsp cumin seeds,
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala,
- cilantro/coriander leaves for garnishing,
- salt to taste,
- 3 tablespoon oil.
- Cut cauliflower into big sized florets and rinse them under running water.
- Peel and chop potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Peel and cut carrots into vertical pieces.
- Finely chop tomatoes and onions.
- Toast coconut until golden, remove and grind into a very fine powder.
- Heat oil in a saucepan or kadai. Let cumin seeds sizzle; add onions and sautè until light brown. Add tomatoes and continue sautèing until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add ginger-garlic-chili paste and give it a quick stir.
- Then add all the vegetables. Pour water upto three fourth level of the vegetables. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are half done.
- Remove the lid, add garam masala powder, ground coconut, salt, red chili powder; mix well and continue cooking until vegetables are completely cooked, yet tender.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with chapati/phulka/bhakri/poori/jeera rice. Raw onion slices match well on the side.
1) You may add paneer and other vegetables like green beans and corns to the curry.
2) Any other garam masala can be used (the one mentioned above tastes wonderful though).