|Palakchi patal bhaaji (spinach curry)
1 bunch of spinach washed & chopped,
1/4 cup chana dal,
1 tbspoon gram flour (i.e besan - to give thickness to curry),
2 to 3 green chilies chopped finely,
2 tbsp coconut (roasted & ground),
chopped coriander leaves,
salt & sugar.
For phodani (tempering)
2-3 tsp ghee,
1 tsp cumin seeds,
a pinch of Asafoetida
1. Wash chana dal & peanuts. Boil dal, peanuts & spinach together.
2. Mash it properly & add salt, sugar, chopped green chilies to it.
3. Cook this mixture on a medium flame.
4. Now mix besan with buttermilk & stir continuously. (1 tbspoon peanut powder can also be added)
5. Allow it to boil for sometime.
6. Add roasted coconut & coriander leaves.
7. After bhaaji is cooked properly, give tadka (tempering)
Heat some ghee, add asafoetida & cumin seeds. Pour this on the curry. Serve hot with Chapati or rice.
Tip: Always temper the bhaaji just before serving.