|Pithale : type 2|
1 cup gram flour,
1 onion (optional),
3-4 green chilies,
1/4 cup dessicated or fresh coconut.
2 teaspoon cumin seeds,
4 teaspoon oil
1. Mix together gram flour, coconut, salt and water. Remove the lumps.
2. In a deep pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
3. Add chopped chilies and fry for some time.
4. Add the paste of gram flour and mix well. Keep stirring to avoid lump formation.
6. Cover and turn the heat on medium and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Pithale is ready when the raw smell of flour goes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with bhakri. Also can be eaten with chapati.
1) Dry roast coconut and cumin seeds. Coarse grind them and add this masala to pithale.
Also check Zunka, Pithale-type 1 and Pithale-type 3