- Main Course
- Sweet Treats
- Culinary Tips
Soy Granules and Veggie Kabobs
Serving size - 10-12 kabobs
- 1/2 cup soy granules,
- 3/4 cup finely chopped mix vegetables, steamed (green beans, carrots, peas, corns and/or other vegetables of your choice),
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste,
- 1 tsp garam masala,
- 1 small potato, boiled,
- 1 tsp chili powder (adjust the amount as per your liking),
- 1 tsp turmeric powder,
- 1 tsp lemon juice,
- breadcrumbs for binding and coating,
- salt to taste,
- oil for shallow frying.
- Soak soy granules in water for half an hour. Rinse and squeeze out all the water.
- Peel and mash potatoes.
- Combine soy granules, vegetables, mashed potato, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala. Add chili powder, turmeric, lemon juice and salt to it. Mix well.
- Save some breadcrumbs for coating and add the rest to the mixture.
- Rub some oil to your palms. Divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Roll each in between your palms to form it into a cylindrical shape kabob.
- Heat some oil in a shallow frying pan.
- Now roll each kabob into breadcrumbs to coat it well. Gently slide it into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan, or the temperature of the oil reduces and slows down the frying process. Keep turning the kabobs until they turn golden brown completely. Remove on a paper towel/tissue and drain.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
1) You may deep fry the kabobs instead of shallow frying.
2) For binding, substitute rice flour/gram flour for breadcrumbs.