- Main Course
- Sweet Treats
- Culinary Tips
Taandulache Ghavan (Rice flour crepes)
Serving size - 4
- 2 cups rice flour,
- 1/2 cup yogurt,
- 1 small onion,
- 3-4 green chilies,
- chopped coriander leaves/cilantro,
- 1 tsp cumin seeds,
- Chop onion into thin vertical pieces. Chop green chilies.
- Combine rice flour, onion pieces, chilies, cumin seeds, cilantro, yogurt and salt.
- Add water little by little and keep mixing to avoid lumps. The batter is not very thin or not too thick.
- Heat a griddle. When it is heated, reduce the heat and spread 1 tsp oil on it.
- Now quickly pour some batter in the center of the griddle and keep spreading it towards the edges. Make it even and as thin as possible.
- Cover till the bottom side is golden brown. Flip and fry the other side.
- Remove and top with ghee/butter. Serve hot with coconut chutney or garlic chutney or pickle of your choice.
Tips and Variations:
1)For a different flavor, add crushed garlic cloves and/or turmeric powder into the batter.
2)Instead of rice flour, soak 2 cups rice in water for 5-6 hours or overnight. Drain the water and grind it into a fine paste.
3)Add 1/2 cup boiled and mashed moong dal for crispness.