- Main Course
- Sweet Treats
- Culinary Tips
Khiraapat (Combination of dry coconut and sugar)
yields 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup grated dry coconut,(Gota khobare),
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar,
- 1 tsp cardamom powder.
- Lightly toast grated coconut over low heat. Turn the heat off before it changes the color.
- Crush coconut with hands.
- Combine coconut, sugar and cardamom powder.
This is called Khiraapat and is served as prasad on Ganesh chaturthi.
1) Roasted chironjis (charoli), raisins, crushed nuts such as almonds and cashews make the recipe more flavorful.
2) Try adding 1 tsp ginger powder for a different taste.
3) Add roasted and powdered poppy seeds.
4) You may substitute desiccated coconut for the whole dry coconut.