- Main Course
- Culinary Tips
For Marathi Version click here
yields 9 triangles of the size shown in picture.
- 1 cup all purpose flour,
- 1/3 cup rice flour,
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp granulated sugar,
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter softened,
- a pinch of salt,
- some sugar to sprinkle on top of the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 315° F/160° C.
- Combine and sift the flours.
- Mix butter and sugar. Cream with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. This takes approx 10 minutes.
- Add the flours, salt to the creamed butter and sugar mixture in batches, mixing alternately.
- Form a smooth dough with hands, tightly cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove and place it on a baking sheet, press the mixture into a circle of 8 inch diameter and 1/2 cm thickness.
- With a sharp knife, score marks from the center to the edge of the circle to form 9 triangles. Punch with a fork at several places (as shown in the picture).
- Sprinkle with sugar and if you like, flute the edge by making impressions along the edge with your thumb.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until light golden. While still hot, cut along the marks to get 9 triangles. The cookies will appear soft initially but become crisp once cool.
- Store them in an airtight container.
1)You may use 1 tsp vanilla essence or ground cardamom (for a little Indian twist) in this recipe.
2)If the dough appears crumbly or dry, add 1 tsp milk.
3)You can form even square or circle shaped cookies.